1. HOW DO I BUY AN ORIGINAL? During our Annual Open House all original art can be purchased on our website in our STUDIO SHOP At any other time, if you are interested in purchasing a piece you have seen on our site or on social media, just reach out to us @email@example.com and we will let you know the cost of the painting, shipping and payment details, etc. Purchasing is fast n' easy via Venmo, Zelle or Paypal!
2. CAN I COMMISSION A PAINTING? We have decided to take a break from commissions so that we can create more available artwork for collectors. We are all prolific painters with consistent fresh inventory, so stay tuned for the piece that speaks to you!
3. PRINT QUALITY & DETAILS: All reproductions in the shop are Giclee reproductions and are created on flat artist canvas, with a 2" white border so they can be matted or stretched over wooden stretcher bars. We have worked hard to offer prints that are as close to the original as possible - so much so that when stretched on canvas stretchers they often look like an original! All Giclee Reproductions are printed to order by a professional printing house and take 7-10 days to arrive back in our studio. We then package them up in a clear sleeve and rigid mailer and ship them to you asap.
4. FRAMING: All originals come framed and appointed with the necessary hardware to hang your piece on the wall (We heart instant gratification) Fine Art Prints come unframed. Check out our FRAMING GUIDE for quick and easy frame resources! We highly encourage framing all your prints and originals. Stretching the prints on stretcher bars at a local frame shop makes them look like an original oil. If you choose to frame the prints behind glass - don't forget the mat! Matting your print makes it look so much more lovely and sophisticated.
5. ARE LARGER PRINTS AVAILABLE? Not at this time. But as we assess if prints are successful for us we will be expanding our Print Shop to include oversized prints!
6. HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO SHIP ART? Originals:
Oil paintings take a substantial amount of time to dry. We do not ship a painting before it is ready to be tightly packaged (4-7 weeks from painting completion).
All artwork is wrapped in paper, padded extremely well, and sent in a well-fitting sturdy cardboard box.
Artwork will ship via USPS or UPS, and most packages arrive within 2-4 days (domestic) from time of shipping (includes tracking & insurance)
Artwork under 24" is carefully packaged and ships USPS. (Average cost $25-$50) Artwork larger than 24" will be packaged and shipped via UPS, who will expertly handle the painting and deliver it right to your door (roughly $150-$300 depending on size and weight). Prints:
All prints are handled with the utmost care, packaged beautifully in paper or plastic sleeve.
Prints 11x14 and smaller are mailed in a sturdy flat mailer.
Shipped via USPS 1st Class Mail or Priority Mail (usually arrives within 1-3 days from time of shipping within the US).
We take great care in the printing and packaging of our prints - please allow 2-3 weeks for arrival.
Shipping costs cover fees, packaging supplies, time, labor, and storage.
7. RETURNS: Every order and sale is handled with care and as much clarity and transparency as possible. Our goal is for you to be completely thrilled with your purchase! All sales on original art are final. Check out our return policies here.
8.INTERIOR DESIGNERS: We love working with designers! We offer designers a discount on Giclee prints. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can set up a specific coupon code for you to use frequently. We do not offer discounts on original paintings nor do we allow our work to be marked up without consent.
9. WHO ACTUALLY OWNS THE PAINTING? We retain all rights to all artwork we create. This includes the rights to the image of sold & commissioned original paintings. We retain the right to make REPRODUCTIONS OF ANY AND ALL ARTWORK WE CREATE UNLESS THE COLLECTOR HAS PURCHASED THE FULL OR PARTIAL RIGHTS TO THE ARTWORK (this is in addition to purchasing the original). The Collector or buyer may not reproduce the artwork in any way without our written permission. When you purchase an original painting you, the collector, have the right to display the artwork in your home or business (hooray!) but the artwork may not be resold or reproduced without my written permission. Please let us know if you are interested in purchasing full or partial rights to your painting.